Job Type: Full-time Summer Position
Term: May 1st to August 31st, 2023
Wage: $20-22 per hour depending on experience
The Lesser Slave Lake Bird Observatory and our education partner, the Lesser Slave Forest Education Society are looking for a creative individual to deliver fun, interactive and hands-on environmental education programming about birds and boreal forest ecology for audiences of all ages. Working as a member of our education team, you will deliver education programs to school groups during our busy spring fieldtrip season as well as a wide range of summer programs such as tours of the Lesser Slave Lake Bird Observatory, family programs, summer day camps and special events. You will also assist with visitor information services at the Boreal Centre for Bird Conservation. For more information on our programs, visit www.lslbo.org and www.lsfes.org websites or check out our Facebook pages!
The Boreal Centre for Bird Conservation is an exciting education and research facility operated by the Alberta Parks and the LSLBO. It is located right in the middle of Lesser Slave Lake Provincial Park., approximately 15 minute drive north of Slave Lake AB. On-site seasonal staff accommodation is available through Alberta Parks at $295/month
- Minimum of 2 year of post-secondary education in natural sciences or education.
- Experience working with children, especially in an outdoor setting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle. Travel is required.
- Standard First Aid and CPR Certificate prior to commencement
- Criminal Record Check (Including a vulnerable sector check) will be required prior to commencement.
- Able to work some evenings and most weekends during peak summer period.
- Knowledge of boreal forest ecology including bird and plant identification
- Volunteer experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent presentation skills
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Lesser Slave Lake Bird Observatory, Box 1076, Slave Lake, AB T0G 2A0