The LSLBO is committed to delivering high-quality, hands-on education programs for students and members of the general public. We work closely with our education partners, the Lesser Slave Forest Education Society and Alberta Parks to deliver the majority of our education programs at the Boreal Centre for Bird Conservation and the LSLBO.
LSLBO Highlight education programs include:
- Bird Observatory Tours – Spring and Fall Migration: these hands-on programs introduce students to the bird monitoring programs at the LSLBO
- Owl Monitoring Program – Fall
- Population Monitoring – Bio 30
Other spring fieldtrip programs:
- Pre-K – K: What is a bird
- Kindergarten – Lost in the woods
- Grade 4: Provincial Park Explorers
- Grade 4 – 9: LEEDing the Way
- Grade 7: The Great Boreal Forest
- Any grade – Curriculum based ecology hikes
Winter programs continue to expand at the Boreal Centre so make sure to check some of our favourite programs this season.
- Grade 1 – Seasonal Mix-up Mystery
- Grade 2 – Hot and Cold Temperature
- Grade 3 – Winter Wildlife Adaptations
- Grade 5 – Snow Science
- All grades – winter survival
- All grades – winter recreation: snowshoe and cross country skiing adventures
For more information about our programs, download our education programs brochure.
For more Education Programs and activities for teachers and families. CHECK OUT OUR EDUCATION RESOURCES PAGE