Fall Season is winding down at the LSLBO!
The LSLBO is wrapping up our 29th year of migration monitoring on the eastern shores of Lesser Slave Lake.
Migration monitoring finished up for the season at the end of September, and Owl Fall Migration Monitoring program will be done at the end of October. For a recap of the fall season at the LSLBO, check out the Weekly Banding Reports or the LSLBO Facebook page.
Thank you to all of our sponsors and supporters that enable us to do what we do including: Alberta Conservation Association, West Fraser, Vanderwell Contractors Ltd, Tolko Industries, Environment and Climate Change Canada, Canada Summer Jobs Program, Alberta Parks and our many dedicated members and donors!
- Grade 1: Seasonal Mix-up
- Grade 2: Hot and Cold Temperature
- Grade 3: Winter Wildlife
- Grade 5: Snow Science
- Any Grade: Winter Survival, Snowshoe Ecology Hike, Cross-country skiing
- Hands-on winter programs for local community and youth groups.
Check out our Education Page for more program ideas and resources!
Just call us for more information at: 780-849-8240 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Events are back at the Boreal Centre!
We are excited to be able to host many of our favourite community events once again. So save the dates for this fall!
- October 14 and 15: Owl Night programs. Space is limited so pre-registration is required
- October 29: Halloween at the BOOreal Centre
- December 10: Winter Fun Day
- December 17 or 18: Annual Slave Lake Christmas Bird Count
For the most up to date info on our events, check out our Boreal Centre Facebook page.
For more information on programs at the Boreal Centre for Bird Conservation, call us at 780-849-8240 or email email@example.com